Friday, 14 December - Sunday, 3 February
Artists and craftspeople are invited to exhibit works either made from, or inspired by, flotsam and jetsam found along our beaches.
Terms and Conditions:
1. All work must be original.
2. There is a limit of 3 items per artist; however artists may be allowed to enter more than 3 items if they are entering smaller items, such as jewellery or postcards. Please contact the Cannery directly for more information.
3. Work must meet the theme of Flotsam and Jetsam; any medium as long as it is made from, or draws inspiration from, objects cast ashore on our beaches – whether natural or man-made. Works not considered relevant to this theme, or works considered inappropriate, may not be exhibited.
4. 2D artworks must be in an easily installed state; our preference is minimum 6mm D-rings however any device appropriate to the work will be accepted.
5. 3D artworks must be provided with installation instructions/preference; the Cannery Arts Centre will endeavour to meet these requirements, however due to space restrictions we may deem a different install more appropriate.
6. It is not essential that artwork is for sale; however acommission of 25%, payable to the Cannery Arts Centre, will apply on any work sold.
7. There are no size restrictions on entries however artists are asked to consider the installation logistics of larger works.
8. All entries must have the name and address of the artist, title, and price inclusive of GST (if applicable) clearly marked on the back of the works. Sculptural pieces require a removable label.
9. There is an entry fee of $5 per item for non-Cannery members. Fees must be paid to the Cannery Art Centre on delivery of works.
10. The Cannery will be responsible for the sales of works. Artists will be paid for any works sold (less commission) no later than one month after the close of the exhibition. Artists must provide an ABN or statement of supplier prior to the Cannery releasing any payment to the artist.
11. The Cannery Arts Centre shall not be responsible for any loss, damage or destruction of any artworks, transport charges or arrangements. All exhibitors are encouraged to insure valuable exhibits against loss or damage.
12. All exhibits for entry must be delivered to the Cannery between Tuesday, December 4th and Friday, December 7th between 10am and 4pm.
13. All entries automatically qualify for the People’s Choice Award of $250, which will be decided by visitor’s votes throughout the exhibition, and announced at the culmination of the exhibition. The Cannery Arts Centre would like to thank the Shire of Esperance for sponsoring this award.
14. Works not sold must be collected between Tuesday, February 5th and Friday, February 8th 2019, between 10am and 4pm.