Sunday, 18 November - Sunday, 2 December
The 9x5 Auction was inspired by the Heidelberg School of Artists based in Melbourne. The first Auction, held in 1989, involved Cigar boxes measuring 9x5inches, painted by some of Australia’s best known impressionist artists; Tom Roberts, Frederick McCubbin, and Arthur Streeton…..to name a few. Inspired by this rich Australian art history, the Cannery has been hosting our main fundraiser - the 9x5 Exhibition & Auction - for over 25 years. This biennial event raises much needed funds to keep the Cannery Arts Centre open.
Terms and Conditions:
- All works entered are a donation to the Cannery Arts Centre
- All works will be auctioned at the 9x5 Art Auction
- The Cannery Arts Centre receives 100% of the money of the sale of the artworks
- The artists will receive a tax-deductible receipt for the value of that the artworks sold at auction.
- Artists are limited to a maximum of two entries each
- There are no limits on what the artists can create using the 9x5 boards but we do encourage you to think about how it will be installed/hung for exhibition.
- Completed boards must be returned to the Cannery by the 2nd November
- 9x5 Art Exhibition and Silent Auction will commence 12th November
- Registered bidders will have the opportunity to bid above that of the silent auction bid on the 1st December
The Cannery Arts Centre Management Committee thanks you for your interest, time and donations of artworks. All money raised goes towards the Cannery’s core funding to ensure we can continue to present an annual program of arts events for the Esperance community to enjoy.