Kickarts School Holiday Program
What do you need to bring?
- Please send your child with a sunhat and sunscreen as we may take them outside for breaks. All breaks are supervised by the tutor or a member of CAC staff – children are never left unattended
- Please ensure your child has water, snack and/or lunch if a longer class goes over lunch
- Your child should wear old clothes or bring an apron/art smock as some of the classes can get messy
- You will need to drop off and pick up your child from the room where the class is being held. Check at reception for directions and please sign the class list in the room when you drop off and pick up your child. Children will not be permitted to leave the Cannery at the end of class without a parent/guardian
- All tutors and CAC staff hold valid Working with Children Checks
- All materials are included
Print your own greeting cards
Monday Oct 2
8-12 years, 10-12pm
Create original greeting cards by forming designs on lino. Each element is then painted on prior to pressing onto cards. Great fun for all abilities. Students don't have to be 'good at drawing' and will learn new creative techniques along the way lead by Naomi Stanitzki.
Thursday Oct 5
6-12 year olds, 10-12pm
An introduction to beautiful colours melding together through the Indigenous art formation of dots.
Students will create a original piece of work under the guidance of Jacinta Maher, local artist.
Soap pour and melt
Tuesday Oct 3
9-16 years, 10-12pm
Learn the skills to create your own combination of scents that will accompany your natural handmade soaps. Under the guidance of Jenny Morcombe, students will be delighted and walked though every step of the process.
Intro to Pottery
Friday October 6
8+ years, 10 -12pm
Join George Starchevich in a fun, messy class that shows students the potential of clay using hands and tools to create a variety of works.
All pieces will be fired at Cannery Arts Centre.
Wednesday Oct 4
4-6 years, 4-5pm
Based on the popular TV show, this highly favourite workshop is designed to allow creativity flow with tutor Chrystal Warr. Both parents and children work together to build a creation with found objects and the abundance of goodies in the Cannery cupboard.